Monday, July 6, 2009

These Shoes Were Made For Junking


Every good junker knows one of the most important items to have while scavenging for treasures is a good pair of junking shoes. They are there to support you through all the cement, dirt paths, rocky roads and mud pits that come your way. Well, my tennies have done me proud for a long while now, but the poor guys have to be placed into mandatory retirement. Sigh.

I know. I know. There are those of you who might think I'm being insensitive to the needs of the "older" sector by forcing them into a jobless existence, however, I look at it as providing my junk shoes with an opportunity to relax a bit. To be able to garden and mow the lawn on their own time, at their own pace...aahhhh, nice.


Now let me introduce you to my bright, young junk whippersnappers I employed just today! Dr. Sholl's Natural Sport shoes with "massaging gel inserts". Now it's my turn to say aahhhh, nice.


These guys better work hard for me during my junking jaunts or I may have to bring the old ones out of retirement to use as consultants!


Do you have a favorite pair of shoes you like to wear while junking? Boots? What's your junk footwear story??

As always, take care and keep on junking!

ps...it's great to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment