skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ironstone Platter & a Giveaway!
Good day to all! I wanted to share my latest find with you. Will you join me in my excitement? I found this gorgeously crazed ironstone platter during a not-so-thrilling shopping experience yesterday. Thankfully I was able to come away with this beauty in hand.
Measuring in at 16" x 11.5", it's a pretty decent sized platter. According to www.thepotteries.org, my lovely ironstone has the markings used between 1890 - 1907. Cool, eh? I won't reveal how much I paid for it though. It's somewhat shameful how cheap it was.
Don't you think this J&G Meakin platter is crack-a-lackin', but without all the cracks? (It does have a lot of crazing though, which is definitely my thing.)
See the neat little "14" impressed on the bottom? It's about the details, folks. It's all about the details. ;)
That's enough about me and my fabulous find...now onto the real goodies! Kathy of Sylvia's Vintage Daughter is celebrating her 1 year anniversary as a blogger! Yippeeee! Congrats to Kathy! Take a stroll on over to check out her giveaway! It ends Saturday, March 5th, so don't miss out!
See...she's calling up folks to tell them about her giveaway as we speak! And if you don't know her already, I guarantee you'll love her!
As always, take care and keep on junking!
No comments:
Post a Comment