skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Simple Fixer Upper
Okay, folks, get ready to roll up your sleeves for this fixer upper project. I just hope everyone can keep up with me on this one. ;)
I found this blue mason jar at a rummage sale, complete with acrylic garden art attached. Since this type of artwork doesn't really fit in with my decor, I continued to examine the jar and determined it had good bones..er, glass. So I turned it rightside up to read the price tag...
$17.95!! The junk gods must be crazy! Hmph!
(But it does have good glass, right?)
Actually, the price for me was $0.25. It appears the church rummage sale where I found it had received donations from a local antique mall. I guess the bargain gods stopped in that day.
Okay, back to the fixer-upper part. Check those sleeves of yours to make sure they're rolled up!
Supplies needed:
acetone nail polish remover
paper towel
Gently pour a small amount of acetone onto your paper towel and get that elbow grease working by rubbing it overtop the acrylic paint. Aren't you glad I reminded you to roll up your sleeves? This is hard work, people!
Whew! Thank goodness my $0.25 investment worked out or this post would have been embarrassing, wouldn't you say?


Now that I know what I am capable of, I think the next project in line will be resurfacing the kitchen cabinets. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment